I took a stroll at lunch today to welcome the spring weather that has finally arrived here in lovely Upstate New York. It’s amazing the things you discover as you walk the city streets.
- Being a true melting pot, we now have billboards in Bosnian. Not many Upstate N.Y. cities can boast that.
- The protesters in front of Planned Parenthood were a welcomed change today. Instead of the religous conservative “Pro Lifers”, it was a large group of “Pro Choicers” from Hamilton College. I gave them a round of applause.
- Even in this economically depressed city, a street with *some* people walking is better than a city street with *no* people walking on it.
- A busy locally owned diner always looks better than a boarded up Burger King.
- An elevated heart rate from walking chases away hunger pains.